Unitarian Universalist Pennsylvania Legislative Advocacy Network
Are you interested in serving as a regional Spokesperson for the Unitarian Universalist Pennsylvania Legislative Advocacy Network? Here's some information to consider before submitting your nomination. (Click here for the complete call for nominations.)
Role: UUPLAN Spokespersons are the regionally based public face of UUPLAN. Each Spokesperson will be trained in media relations and become an expert in one of the legislative priority issues. For the year 2010-2011 UUPLAN is focused on issues involving LGBT civil rights or Marcellus Shale drilling.
Responsibilities: With the direction and coordination of the UUPLAN Issue Coordinators, the Spokespersons speak at rallies, interview with television reporters, write blog articles, submit letters to the editor and op-ed articles, and/or participate in the UU Talk Radio Show. Spokespersons must make a minimum of one public statement per month. This could be in the form of public speaking, op-ed letters, blogging, etc...
Training: All Spokespersons are required to participate in at least one annual training led by media professionals. The next two are scheduled for Monday, February 28, 2011 from 12 noon to 8 pm at the Temenos Retreat Center in West Center, PA; and on Friday, April 8, 2011 from 6 pm to 9 pm at the Unitarian Church of Harrisburg, PA.
* * *
Yes! I hereby submit my nomination to serve as a regional Spokesperson for UUPLAN by sending the answers to the following questions to Rev. Suzanne Marsh and Rev. Kent Matthies at email@example.com
1. Name and contact information (address, phone, email).
2. What UU congregation are you affiliated with?
3. Why do you want to be a UUPLAN Spokesperson for legislative issues in the state of PA?
4. This year our two focus issues are LGBT civil rights and Marcellus Shale drilling. Each UUPLAN Spokesperson will focus on one issue only. Which of this year's issues do you feel qualified and called to work on?
5. What experience or skills do you have that would complement the Spokesperson's role of being the regionally based public face of UUPLAN?
6. Are you willing to commit to take part in one of the two Spokesperson training and a monthly phone call with your Issues team?
7. Please provide two references, one of which is from your local UU congregation.
Thank you! We look forward to reading your nomination.
Rev. Suzanne Marsh & Rev. Kent Matthies
Board of Directors, UUPLAN