House Budget Attacks the Safety Net to Fund the Military & Tax Cuts for the Rich
Senate Republicans want to make devastating cuts to all sorts of important government programs that feed children, stop the worst abuses of Wall Street, protect our seniors, provide healthcare coverage.
Here are just some of the cuts they’re trying to push through in the upcoming federal budget. They want to: (READ MORE)…
- Cut Medicare by $487 billion over 10 years
- Cut Medicaid and other programs by $1.5 trillion over 10 years
- Make changes to food stamps (SNAP) that would lead to massive cuts (Trump’s budget calls for cuts of $193 billion over 10 years)
- Cut environment and natural resources programs (which include the EPA), by nearly 30%
- Cut enforcement efforts of Wall Street regulations by $14 billion
- Cut funding for core infrastructure programs for the nation’s highways and public transportation systems.
They want to cut these programs to fund more massive tax breaks for the rich (96% would go to households making over $1 million) and to increase our already massive military budget by $929 billion over 10 years.